The UBVF is a waste wise event promoting zero waste initiatives. We are working closely with local groups to reduce the waste from this event down to as close to zero as possible and make the event as sustainable as possible. Everyone can help us by:
- Walking, running, skating, scooting or riding to the festival (if possible)
- Bringing a Keep Cup, reusable water bottles, shopping bags
- Taking any waste you bring on to the site home with you
What we have lined up at the festival so far…
At 8am the Tower Run at kicks off at Charing Cross (opposite the post office and General Store).
The main Festival commences at 9am on the grounds around the Community Centre and Keith Ewenson Park.
Check out our Amusement page for full information on attractions and fun for the kids. There is something for all ages.
On the stage will be a full line up of local and surrounding musicians, school bands and festival acts.
In the Hall will be the Ash Wednesday 40th Anniversary CFA Exhibition.
This year there will be up to 50 stalls including the following community groups (in no particular order) :
- Upper Beaconsfield Association – information hub
- Men’s Shed
- BU Primary School (BUPS) parents and friends association
- CFA – Upper Beaconsfield Fire Brigade
- UB Conservation Group
- UB Green Initiative Group (UPGIG)
- CWA – Woorinyan Branch
- Green Circle Nursery
- UB Pony Club
- Expanse School of Dance
- Need for Feed
- CAWRS – Community Alliance for Waste Reduction and Sustainability
- Cardinia Waste and Resource Team
- Cardinia Environment Team
- St Johns Church
- Wish Wildlife
- BU Kinder
- BU Tennis Club
- Beaconhills Golf Club
- UB Cricket Club
- St Johns Church
We also have a diverse range of food, coffee and merchandise stalls.
**In the event of an ‘extreme’ (code orange) or ‘catastrophic’ (code red) fire danger day being declared the Village Festival will NOT BE HELD and will be postponed to a later date.**